Made Tamale Pie for dinner tonight & it was a hit!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 cup olives, sliced (I did 1/2 green & 1/2 black)
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- pepper & salt to taste
- 1 box of corn muffin mix
- chopped tomatoes, olives, & cilantro for topping (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Brown ground beef in skillet.
3) Drain grease & add olives, tomatoes, & salt and pepper to skillet. Cook on medium until heated through & break up tomatoes.
4) Transfer the mixture to an oven safe casserole dish. (I used 8 x 8 glass dish)
4) Prepare muffin mix according to box directions.
5) Pour muffin mix over beef mixture.
6) Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until corn muffin mix is cooked through & browned.